Customized Assistance Services’ Office of Health and Mental Health Services (OHMHS)/Visiting Psychiatric Services program, a unique program providing home-based psychiatric evaluation and crisis-intervention services, is recruiting for Psychiatrists who will:
* Conduct psychiatric evaluations by interviewing clients/ referred individuals using
standard psychological techniques in order to assess functional capacity, competence
and make determinations as to fitness, disability and level of care required.
* Assess and determine if client/ referred individual is a danger to himself, herself or others
by conducting emergency home visits in order to plan for or expedite case management
* Prepare evaluation reports by analyzing data based on direct examination of clients/
referred individuals, records and staff submissions in order to facilitate case management
* Participate in psychiatric conferences, clinics and other instructional meetings, by
attending, sharing information and / following-up on new developments in order to
maintain current information.
* Maintain liaison with other mental health agencies, psychologists and physicians by
obtaining, conveying information and providing feedback in order to facilitate
cooperation, coordinate activities and maintain current records.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Possession of a valid license to practice medicine in the State of New York; and 2. Completion of three years of approved residency training in psychiatry.
This assignment is field based.
Click the apply now button.
New York City Residency is not required for this position