BenchMark Rehab Partners
Our Mission: To empower and inspire people to reach their full potential.
Our Vision: To deliver the highest quality, evidence-based health care with a passion for excellence.
PT/Director and Partnership Opportunity
The Clinic Director is responsible for the overall administration of rehabilitation services within the clinic in a manner consistent with our mission and values. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, effective management of clinic operations and performance, supervision of all assigned staff in the clinic, evaluation and treatment of patients, regular communication with leadership team and referral sources, and modeling appropriate professional behavior and leadership at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS – Required
Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program. Continuing education is required to maintain licensure. Requires current and ongoing CPR certification.
Requires at least 1 year outpatient clinic experience.
Requires current licensure in state where assigned.
Ability to effectively supervise a team of clinicians and support staff and model positive behavior, organize and maintain work flow, provide effective leadership, and exercise independent clinical judgment. Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrate effective follow-through in implementing the goals of the organization.
Works in the clinic environment.
Hours of Work
Typically works Monday through Friday during normal business hours. May be required to work or attend special events evenings or on weekends. Requires flexibility with scheduling and a willingness to treat at other clinics as needed.
Requires regular travel to all assigned clinics, as well as regularly scheduled leadership and regional staff meetings.
This position requires moderate physical activity and is clinic-based. May be required to frequently kneel, crouch, lift, or stand for long periods. May be required to move (with assistance as necessary) heavy equipment and lift patients to help them turn, stand or walk. Requires frequent computer use.
Certifications may be preferred based on the assigned clinic service array.
Prefer 2 or more years experience in the outpatient rehabilitation setting, and experience leading a team of clinicians and support staff.
1. Effectively leads and engages staff, conveying to them their importance to the overall success of the clinic and the organization.
2. Supports organizational decisions, policies and procedures, and philosophies by communicating with buy-in, modeling professional behavior, and holding staff accountable for meeting company, clinic and position expectations.
3. Supports organizational goals by modeling positive behavior and communication, presenting clear expectations and holding staff accountable.
4. Provides regular and frequent feedback to staff on a weekly basis and conducts annual performance reviews in a timely manner.
5. Addresses performance, behavior or other concerns immediately, communicating closely with the Regional Director and Human Resources as appropriate.
6. Takes initiative in identifying concerns, resolving them, and removing barriers to the success of the clinic.
7. Assists leadership team with establishing clinic and company goals.
Direct Patient Care
1. Models effective approach in patient care and complies with documentation requirements.
2. Ensures that appropriate clinical protocols and practice patterns are followed and that appropriate treatment goals and patient plans are created.
3. Administers appropriate treatment and assesses patient response.
4. Ensures that clinic presents complete, timely and appropriate clinical documentation.
5. Ensures that evaluations, daily notes and progress notes are completed accurately, legibly and promptly.
6. Ensures that visits are recorded accurately and according to policy on the weekly schedule.
7. Ensures that billing is completed accurately and timely.
8. Ensures that clinical records and discharge summaries are completed in a timely manner.
9. Performs periodic chart audits to ensure compliance with the above (frequency a function of history of non-compliance).
1. Shares information which is of value to others. Solicits input from others and responds to that information as appropriate.
2. Communicates standards for performance to clinic staff and holds each accountable.
3. Administers corrective action when needed, in consultation with Regional Director and Human Resources.
4. Gives feedback regarding performance and maintains accurate and complete clinic records.
5. Accepts constructive feedback in a positive manner and uses feedback to develop plans for improvement.
6. Formally meets with staff on a monthly basis keeping them informed of clinic performance, company and clinic goals and providing leadership and direction.
7. Keeps Regional Director informed of all clinic performance issues.
8. Reports all unusual incidents in the clinic, as well as all actual or potential patient/guest/employee injuries.
9. Focuses on positive, effective problem and complaint resolution with internal and external customers and explores every option to meet customer needs.
10. Creates a positive work environment for staff and patients.
11. Effectively handles stress, an increased workload, and/or workplace challenges in a calm and professional manner. Models professional communication methods to all staff.
12. Arrives early or on time for meetings, returns phone calls and emails in a timely manner, meets deadlines and commitments and communicates often to appropriate leadership, Business Office and team members as to the status of goals and projects.
Personal and Professional Management
1. Is accountable for actions and models behavior, which sets a high standard of performance.
2. Openly supports organizational changes and initiates required clinic changes.
3. Maintains clinic performance and a commitment to patient care during changes.
4. Is willing and takes initiative to get things done.
5. Handles stress and copes with problems and frustrations.
6. Is responsive: on time for meetings, returns phone calls in a timely manner, meets deadlines and meets commitments.
7. Maintains confidentiality regarding information on patients, staff and clinic matters.
8. Complies with organization’s clinical and administrative policies.
9. Displays professional attitude and ethics consistent with the APTA’s Standard of Practice for Physical Therapy , Code of Ethics and Guide for Professional Conduct .
10. Ensures integrity in areas of compensation (worked and non-worked time), work-related expenses, use of company equipment and resources, as well as holds staff accountable for same.
11. Takes responsibility for actions, accepts responsibility for mistakes, and reports self-errors to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
BenchMark Physical Therapy - 16 months ago
PT Clinic Director/Partner
BenchMark Physical Therapy
Williamson County, TN
BenchMark Physical Therapy
- 20 days ago
BenchMark Rehab Partners
Williamson County, TN
American Physical Therapy Association
- 19 days ago
Founded as a single clinic in 1995 by a group of physical therapists in Ooltewah, TN, BenchMark Physical Therapy is the region’s...