Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Advertised Hiring Range
$13.85 (min) to $17.32 (mid)
Responsible for performing more complex data entry, compiling reports, transcribing meeting minutes, creating basic correspondence, conducting research, and performing basic quantitative quality assurance reviews. Basic knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and departmental polices and procedures are required at this level.
Classification DescriptionList the broad major functions of the position.
1. Performs various routine clerical duties, utilizing standard office equipment, to include: screening incoming calls; taking and transmitting messages; maintaining calendars; keying information into databases; making photocopies; performing data entry; faxing documents; typing; and word processing.
2. Processes information in specified computer system; creates and updates forms, letters, contracts, spreadsheets, tests, and calendars within established guidelines.
3. Types a variety of documents with utmost accuracy, which may include: correspondence, reports, memos, notices, forms, contracts, schedules, meeting agendas and minutes, and/or other related materials.
4. Maintains a variety of files and records which may include entering, sorting, and verifying data into an assigned computer system.
5. Assists in preparing, maintaining, and processing payroll and related documentation files; monitors and tracks timesheets as needed and investigates payroll problems.
6. Assists with coordinating department activities, such as tracking work and change orders, generating and tracking purchase orders, arranging for equipment repair, researching information, and providing related support.
7. Performs spot checks of inventory and requisitions supplies as needed.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D., and two years of general clerical and/or customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Job Specific Task List
Qualifications: Preferred Experience
- Provides excellent customer service to faculty and students.
- Assist in the orientation of new faculty.
- Coordinate and provide text book requisition, supplemental course materials and desk copies with faculty and the bookstore.
- Coordinate and create master schedule of faculty classes and office hours
- Previous experience working in an educational setting.
- Previous experience supporting multiple individuals.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Harrisburg Area Community College - 10 months ago