Summary: Assists residents of the Emergency Shelter and answers Hotline for shelter and/or information.
· Answers Crisis Hotline, assesses caller’s needs, determines eligibility for shelter admission, or makes appropriate referral.
· Provides or arranges emergency transportation for incoming clients.
· Completes intake procedures for each client, arranges for immediate needs of family.
· Manages shelter operations to include: enforcing shelter rules, policies and procedures, ensuring a calm, supportive atmosphere, maintaining the security of the shelter, distributing incoming client mail, supporting client participation in group meetings.
· Conducts daily House Meeting/Chore Assignment, “Orientation” groups for new residents, and educational/support when they occur during shift.
· Documents appropriate information in client files and communication log in a timely manner. Completes all appropriate forms maintained in resident files.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required, working towards a degree in Social Work or related field strongly preferred. Knowledge of crisis intervention, social work and family violence theory preferred. 1-2 years experience working in a social service environment preferred. Previous work in a residential environment and bilingual in English/Spanish a plus. Current Texas Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance are required.
SafeHaven - 5 months ago