Meets the daily needs of clients in the shelter, provides crisis intervention, assessment for admittance for crisis callers seeking shelter, and provides community referrals for crisis callers, as appropriate to caller need.
· Answers Crisis Hotline, assesses caller’s needs, determines eligibility for shelter admission, or makes appropriate referral.
· Provides or arranges emergency transportation for incoming clients.
· Completes intake procedures for each client, arranges for immediate needs of family.
· Manages shelter operations to include: enforcing shelter rules, policies and procedures, ensuring a calm, supportive atmosphere, maintaining the security of the shelter, distributing incoming client mail, supporting client participation in group meetings.
· Conducts daily House Meeting/Chore Assignment, “Orientation” groups for new residents, and educational/support when they occur during shift.
· Documents appropriate information in client files and communication log in a timely manner. Completes all appropriate forms maintained in resident files.
Must possess a valid Texas driver's license and be able to drive during day time and night time hours.
In accordance with the team philosophy of the agency, may routinely be required to carry out or assist with other tasks involving client care and client preparation, in addition to the duties listed above.
High school diploma or G.E.D. required, working towards a degree in Social Work or related field strongly preferred. Knowledge of crisis intervention, social work and family violence theory preferred. 1-2 years experience working in a social service environment preferred. Previous work in a residential environment and bilingual in English/Spanish a plus. Current Texas Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance are required.
SafeHaven - 15 months ago