- Primary function of the cook is to prepare and serve food for residents, staff, and visitors in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations within established policies and procedures; to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepares meats, main dishes, soups, gravies, and vegetables.
- Bakes all baked goods for all areas of service including cookies, rolls, baked desserts, etc.
- Keeps own working area clean, in addition to the special cleaning projects and pots and pans.
- Direct activities of the dietary aides in the absence of the Dietary Director.
High school grad or G.E.D.
Ability to read, write, and understand English
Customer Service Skills
Must be able to work productively and positively with the Dietary Director and other dietary staff
Must enjoy resident contact, geriatrics, and possess the ability to work well with residents
Must have a good understanding of quality food production
Basic knowledge and practices in food safety and sanitation
Must understand regulations and have a basic understanding of healthcare
Quantity cooking experience a plus
We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefit package and a fun & rewarding place to grow your career. Become a part of the ZHS team today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
St. Francis Health Services - 30+ days ago