Kendall College's Events Marketing department supports the promotion and operations of events for both internal and external clients. In addition, Events Marketing is the umbrella group for Spice Up Your Life and Kendall Camp programs. We are looking for an energetic and creative Chef to join our growing team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Events Chef is responsible for the creation of the food associated with catered events and special programs. The Chef will be responsible for creation of menus, itemized food costing, food requisitions and ultimate preparation of a form consistent in quality with Kendall standards. Specific duties include:
- Understand and coordinate logistics from a BOH perspective relative to executing events.
- Manage and supervise labor (students and others) for execution of events from a BOH standpoint.
- Work closely with Events Managers and Banquet Managers to execute events.
- Create and develop new menus and plates.
- Work closely with Procurement to order necessary food products based on cost-estimated portions.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Extremely good at working with clients and staff
- Detail oriented
- Creative menu/event planner
- Organized and strategic planner
- Strong cost-estimating and procurement skills
- Excellent communications skills and ability to multi-task
- Great Chef--yum yum!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Formal Culinary training required
- Experience in working in Foodservice business with exposure to Back of House
- Good understanding of food costs, estimating and food procurement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate vision both upwardly and parallel
- Ability to multitask in high pace fast turn around environment
Kendall College and its affiliate institutions are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE.
Laureate Education Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job