Kendall College is a private Illinois college committed to cultivating extraordinary talent for the global hospitality, business,
culinary, and education fields. The college has an innovative and aggressive plan to develop several centers of excellence with specific disciplinary areas of focus. Kendall College is part of the Laureate Education network which includes Glion Institute of Higher Education in Switzerland among many other international campuses. At Kendall, the student experience is focused on providing engaging, specialized fields of study with a strong emphasis on "immersive" learning that is geared to a student's academic, personal, and professional success.
Currently, we are seeking PT Faculty for our Hospitality School to teach in our new Beverage Management concentration. This is a part-time, one-quarter faculty position with responsibilities for up to 12 hours of teaching per week, for course development and updating of courses to keep at the leading edge, and for coaching and career and academic advice. Classes run for ten weeks; we anticipate requiring adjunct instrucotrs starting in Summer (starting July 8, 2013), Fall (starting October 1, 2013) and
throughout 2014. Most classes meet during the day or early evening twice a week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching of courses as assigned
- Attendance at one-on-one meetings with the Dean of Hospitality
- Development of curriculum with the school faculty and Dean of Hospitality
- Development of coursework and updating course materials to keep courses at the leading edge of knowledge in the disciplines
- Engaging in on-going personal professional and faculty development
- Providing student support for every aspect of learning in the form of regular office hours, tutorial assistance, coaching and career and academic assistance and advice
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Hospitality Management or Business Administration or Bachelors Degree and substantial and extensive management experience within the industry
- Knowledge of wines, beer and spirits; beverage retailing, distribution and logistics; and vinification, vitification, fermentation, and distilling especially from the management perspective
- Ability to teach and to motivate
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams
Laureate Education Inc. - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
If higher education is a matter of degrees, Laureate must be blazing hot. The company provides adult career education through online and...