Job Title: PT Hourly Campus Safety Officer - POOL
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 02/12/13 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $18.43 - $22.47 Hourly
$38,490.00 - $46,908.00 Annually
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Golden West College, California
FLSA: Non-exempt position, eligible for overtime compensation.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Campus Safety, to provide for the security and protection of students, personnel, property, and equipment on the school campus; to enforce rules and regulations regarding the use of school buildings, property and equipment; to regulate and control student parking areas; to maintain records and reports; and to perform related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
a. Perform foot and vehicular patrols of the entire campus.
b. Offer assistance and aid to any person in need of help.
c. Check buildings and grounds regularly for security and safety.
d. Call local law enforcement agency, fire department, or paramedics for back-up assistance.
e. Keep an accurate log of all incidents.
f. Write reports and memos as needed.
g. Communicate with superiors and peers as soon as possible after handling a situation.
h. Observe, collect, and preserve physical and verbal evidence of crimes or problems.
i. Operate district vehicles.
j. Provide escort services as required.
k. Assist in starting vehicles with jumper cables and in making non-key entries into locked vehicles.
l. Perform related work as required.
1. California criminal law and safety codes.
2. Common fire and safety hazards and use of related equipment.
3. Techniques and procedures applicable to theft and loss prevention.
4. Traffic and parking control.
5. Appropriate safety precautions and emergency procedures.
6. Develop a working knowledge of college and district policies and procedures.
7. Deal effectively with diverse campus groups and individuals under routine or adverse conditions.
8. Communicate effectively.
9. Make quick decisions in emergency situations.
10. Memorize details of incidents occurring on campus.
11. Write concise and comprehensive reports.
12. Maintain accurate records.
13. Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices, and possession of a valid, appropriate, and unrestricted California Driver's License.
14. Carry out verbal and written instructions.
15. Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience:
16. Two years of college level course work in disciplines related to assignment.
17. Work experience and education that would provide equivalent qualifications.
18. Applicant is required to produce proof of satisfactory completion of training mandated by SB 1626 (Campus Security Officer Training), OR satisfactorily complete such course of instruction (offered at Criminal Justice Training Center, Golden West College) within 120 days after being hired. Applicants may also be required to possess or obtain initial and continuing certification in Basic First Aid and CPR.
19. Applicant may be required to produce proof of satisfactory completion of the Arrest, Search, and Seizure portion (24 hours of instruction) of the P.C. 832 requirements OR satisfactorily complete such course of instruction (offered at Criminal Justice Training Center, Golden West College) within 120 days after being hired.
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is temporary and contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. Short term/temporary assignments do not offer fringe benefits or pay for holidays or time not worked.
To apply, visit:
To be considered for employment you must submit a complete application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- Classified/Management Employment Application
- Current Resume
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714 OR (714) 438-471
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
•The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
•The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
•Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
Based on the HH Salary Schedule.
Coast Colleges is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
InsideHigherEd.com - 17 months ago