Job Summary: |
To process motor vehicle licensing and registration, driver’s licensing, DNR regulated licenses, and the acceptance of passport applications.
Scope of Responsibility:
The License Center Representative provides support services for issuance vehicle licensing and registration, driver’s licenses, and DNR regulated licenses under the readily available supervision of the License Center Supervisor. This position applies knowledge of the codes, policies, procedures and practices of the deputy registrar’s licensing office and performs light troubleshooting having a limited financial impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
2 2 . Performs other duties as assigned.
- Process motor vehicle and drivers licenses and registrations.
- Process DNR regulated licenses.
- Performs data entry into systems interface with the State.
- Accept passport applications.
- Answers inquiries by phone and in person.
- Resolves routine problems or complaints associated with the issuance of all licenses.
Skills & Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Requires daily and continuous public and staff contact, requiring a high degree of tact, courtesy, and sound judgment.
- Has excellent customer service skills.
- Ability and desire to project a professional image through knowledge of job, positive attitude, and accurate and timely completion of work.
- Ability to exercise patience and understanding in stressful situations.
- Key characteristics include the ability to learn, interpret and process detailed practices and procedures.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 wpm.
Minimum job requirements include ability to read, communicate and perform math and problem solving. This may be obtained through specialized training beyond high school of one year or less and one year of related customer service experience, or equivalent. P revious motor vehicle experience is desired. Must be competent with Microsoft Office, and Windows operating systems to perform job duties. Must possess valid Minnesota driver’s license and be insurable. This position requires some use of a personal vehicle.
Physical Demands & Work Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Most work is in a normal office environment requiring the ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, and the ability to lift twenty pounds or less is required. The License Center Representative is responsible for diverse matters, some of which have deadlines and require significant attention to detail. Approximately 45-70% of the time, work is performed at a high level of detail or pressure of deadlines.
City of Roseville, MN - 19 months ago