Nestle Direct Store Delivery
Corpus Christi TX
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The Nestlé DSD Company operates all Direct Store Delivery (DSD) operations for Nestlé USA. The division serves Nestlé's frozen pizza and ice cream businesses, including the field DSD sales organization, supply chain planning and execution, and centers of excellence like Go-To-Market, Human Resources, and Finance.
Position Overview: (Part time seasonal position)
The Retail Reps' primary function is to merchandise and stock Nestle products at various customer sites in accordance to plan-o-gram specifications. (Average number of daily stops, 5-7 stores) Replenish store freezers from back-room inventory, improve shelf positioning and increase product display space. Ensure retail price tags are displayed, maintain all Point-of-Sales materials and utilize current flavor schematics for all products. Maintain a neat & orderly back room and establish rapport/credibility with store personnel. Follow established route list, keep route materials up to date and demonstrate sound safety practices.
- Identify and act on selling opportunities or informs sales person, respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use POS.
- Create rapport with appropriate staff members in all accounts, communicate with staff during service calls, respond to customer requests, maintain relationships with customers to support selling activities.
- Follow the procedures outlined in the standardized work practices that apply to the position
- Adhere to route schedule, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, maintain company-owned equipment, maintain and use handhelds appropriately, properly handle paperwork.
- Execute perfect service, ensure stores set to schematic, flavor to tag, execute promotional displays, and keep back stock organized.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed.
- Identify and communicate all selling opportunities and potential issues, respond to team member communications, informs team members of all relevant activities at accounts, communicate completion of assigned daily tasks.
- Respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, maintain an open mind.
- Models Grooves behavior and uses Key Principles in interactions with customers and employees.
- Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, train new employees when applicable.
- Standing/Walking: Constantly, while performing duties in retail customer locations; walking, up to 1-2 miles per shift on concrete or
- Sitting: Occasionally (10%), while operating personal vehicle between customer locations, can be subject to heavy traffic.
- Lift/Carry: Constantly, 1-5 pounds individual ice cream products up to 800-1000 items per stop or 4,000-7,000 items daily no carry; Occasionally (15%), up to 25 pounds boxed and or 6-8 pack ice cream product from pallet to freezer rack or six-wheel cart, carry short distance up to 6 feet.
- Push/Pull: Frequently, using both hands and arms while moving materials via wheeled cart, exerting a force up to 15-35 pounds depending on surface/slope. Seldom up to 35-75 pounds force moving palletized load using pallet jack.
- Climbing: Seldom or not at all depending on employee height and store set-up/location, using small step ladder.
- Bending/Twisting: Constantly, at waist 30-45 while loading/unloading items from carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties off loading pallets of ice cream products to freezer carts..
- Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while stocking of freezer display shelves or off loading of pallets at floor level.
- Hands/Arms: Constant use of both hands/arms throughout workshift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping, fingering and above shoulder reaching while stocking ice cream products.
- Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly, required to ensure safe operation of vehicle, and performing essential functions at retail
- Other Demands: Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F, while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes, 5-7 times daily.
- Location: Work is performed 90% indoors, and 10% outdoors while operating vehicle between customer locations
- Hazards: Slippery surfaces; wet & icy, exposure to cold, cuts, pinch points and overhead obstacles in freezers, moving equipment and normal traffic hazards while operating personal vehicle
- Equipment Used: Hand truck, pallet jack, wheeled cart/rack, knife, and personal vehicle
- Safety Equipment: Gloves
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have a dependable vehicle with valid insurance
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle report
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours
- Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and Holidays
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to work safely
- Read, write and speak English
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity.)
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action.
- Communication: presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store personnel.
- Able to work in the Grooves Performance culture.
- Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization.
Nestlé Direct Store Delivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.