- Sorts, shelves books, magazines, pamphlets, audiovisual materials and other
- Shelf reads according to schedule for accurate order of materials.
- Shifts and straightens materials as necessary.
- Searches for misplaced or lost materials.
- Provides directional information to patrons.
- May assist with training for new Student Assistants as directed.
- Retrieves materials for patrons and processes requests from other agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to see, read and understand titles, call numbers and dates.
- Must be able to sort accurately by alphabetical, numerical, chronological, Dewey Decimal order.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including building and enhancing diverse relationships.