This position reports to the Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager. In this challenging position Tellers must be able to receive and process financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments accurately and efficiently in order to build member confidence and trust. In this position, Tellers are also responsible for identifying member needs and referring appropriate financial products and services, identifying fraudulent activity to prevent potential losses to the Credit Union, maintaining a balanced and accurate teller drawer at all times, contributing to a positive team environment, and consistently seeking to build member relationships by demonstrating core UFCU values and outstanding member service.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bilingual in Spanish desired.
- Minimum of six months prior sales and /or specific Teller experience.
- Confidence in handling large amounts of cash with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to multi-task while performing detailed financial transactions.
- Initiative to learn and understand the products and services available to members.
- Excellent communication skills required to effectively resolve member issues with patience, empathy, and tact.
- Strong math and computer skills are essential.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong sales skills. Must be able to sell financial products and services.
- Must be available Monday through Saturday. May be required to work weekends and/or extended hours and regular, reliable attendance is critical. EOE
University Federal Credit Union - 17 months ago