Responsible for performing the physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unloads and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices
- Stocks shelves with goods received
- Pulls and fills orders from paper or computerized member store order requests, matching inventory to order numbers.
- Lifts heavy/light weight items and may operate a forklift, small hand tools, pallet handlers, and hand trucks.
- Consolidates orders for each member store from multiple warehouse locations on to pallets and prepares for shipping using shrink wrap machine or other devices.
- Loads orders for shipping against purchase orders or invoices
TYPE AND YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School/GED Diploma or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Ability to read English and write legibly in English, and perform arithmetic functions, to the extent necessary to handle paper work, electronic equipment and to process all warehouse work.
- Experience sufficient to learn and properly perform the duties of the job in a safe manner.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate material handling equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to learn new functions, processes and methodologies.
- Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must successfully complete and pass pre-employment reading and math skills tests which test ability to accurately perceive numbers, perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); ability to solve basic mathematical problems; and ability to read and comprehend English.
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day, walk 5 to 10 miles a day, bend, reach, twist and lift.
True Value - 17 months ago
To survive against home improvement giants such as The Home Depot and Lowe's, True Value (formerly TruServ) is relying on the true...