Recruitment Number 212403 - Halawa to Kalihi, Oahu Employment Only.
A continuous recruitment may be closed at any time. The notice of the last day to file applications will be posted on the Job Opportunities Listing page of our website.
Coordinate a housing project's social and community activities and services; evaluate the need for and level of activities and services provided by community agencies and organizations; assist tenants in adjusting to living in a public housing setting; refer tenants to community resources and provide interim and/or supportive counseling; re-evaluate tenant families for continued eligibility; assist displaced tenants and others in seeking suitable homes; acquaint new tenants with project rules and regulations; receive and process initial applications for tenancy in housing projects; establish eligibility for admission to housing projects; determine rentals to be charged by referring to official rates; investigate tenant complaints; participate in on-the-job training; and perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
Basic Education/Experience: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Specialized Experience: Six months of experience must have been in one or a combination of A or B below:
A. Progressively responsible work which required participation in, or the conduct of, most of the operational activities normally associated with housing projects, including such activities as:
1. Development and implementation of local policies, procedures and work plans;
2. Supervision and training of subordinate personnel;
3. Budgetary control and fiscal management of funds and expenditures related to project operations, maintenance and repair of project facilities, etc.;
4. Evaluation of operating and maintenance costs and practices to obtain maximum efficiency and economy;
5. Rental and occupancy activities involving tenant selection, dwelling unit assignment, surveys of local rent and utility rates, setting and/or collecting rents and charges; and
6. Community and tenant relations including development of cooperative dealings and harmonious relationships, adjustment of complaints, assistance on problems of health, safety, recreation and social welfare needs of tenants.
B. Progressively responsible work in real property management as an employee or agent of a real estate firm, bank, insurance company, etc., engaged in the control and conduct of multiple unit residential housing operations, private housing developments, shopping centers, etc.
Such work must have provided the applicant with a knowledge of, and experience in most of the following activities:
1. Establishment of rent schedules;
2. Property rental, lease negotiation and preparation;
3. Property maintenance and repair which included responsibility for the efficient and economical maintenance of the property and the protection of the owner's investment through property inspections and effecting needed repairs and alterations; and
4. Fund management; i.e., the installation and maintenance of fiscal accountability control procedures and records to reflect income and expenses.
Substitutions Allowed: Relevant substitutions as described in the Minimum Qualification Requirements, will apply.
Driver's License: A valid driver's license is required for some positions. For those positions requiring a driver's license, you must possess a valid driver's license at the time of appointment. The immediate vacancy has this requirement.
The information provided above represents a summary of the complete Minimum Qualification Requirements . To view the Requirements in their entirety, please CLICK HERE .
The examination for this recruitment will be conducted on an unassembled basis where the examination score is based on an evaluation and rating of your education and experience. It is therefore important that your employment application provide a clear and detailed description of the duties and responsibilities of each position you held.
CLICK HERE for further information about Equal Employment Opportunity, the Merit Civil Service System, Citizenship and other requirements, Reasonable Accommodation, Veterans Preference, Examination Requirements, and the State Recruiting Office's Levels of Review.
State of Hawaii - 9 months ago