J P Kenny is one of the world's largest and most innovative pipeline, subsea engineering and management contractors, with 30 years experience and approximately 1300 professional staff located in a global network of 10 offices on 4 continents.
The position to be filled is for a Package Engineer - Subsea Valves who will work in a team on one of our major offshore and subsea design projects.
The job will be located in our London (Staines) office.
Roles & Responsibilities
The position is for a package engineer (subsea), preferably degree qualified and chartered with deepwater development experience.
The candidate must have significant experience in the subsea industry with a substantial portion or the time involved in the design, fabrication, and testing of subsea valves, SSIV’s and support tooling.
The candidate should have good knowledge of the principles of design, qualification and testing functions for valves, both ball and gate types which will need to be applied for new high temperature and pressure service conditions.
The candidate will be working within an integrated team as part of a FEED project, comprising deep water subsea tie-back of wells to a shallow water platform.
Responsibilities will include:
Any Other Information
Please click the apply button, and upload your CV and including a letter explaining why you wish to join J P Kenny and how you will add value to the Company.
- Preparing initial equipment selection strategies in line with client’s documentation and preferences.
- Preparation of technical notes, reports and decision papers in conjunction with client representative engineers to define hardware requirements and scope.
- Preparation of preliminary equipment functional specifications.
- Development of testing strategies (FAT/EFAT/SIT) and installation requirements.
- Verifying compliance to Company's specifications and technical documentation.
- Interface with client's own equipment, systems and pipeline engineering teams.
- Co-ordination of verification processes for manufacture and qualification testing techniques to be employed.
- Provide support to the preparation of the ITT documentation.
- Development of assurance processes with the Company integrity management system.
- Liaise with vendor on behalf of client during procurement, manufacture and testing phases.
Your application must state clearly whether you already have the right to work in the UK.
Your CV will be reviewed and if appropriate circulated to Project Managers or Senior Managers who will review it further. They may then ask for more information, request an interview or return as unsuitable.
This process can take up to three weeks so do not expect a response sooner. If nothing is heard within four weeks it generally means that your application is not currently of interest.
However we will make efforts to reply to every application even if it is to say no.
Please note that your CV will be put onto our database and if a suitable vacancy arises in the future, we will be in contact.