Responsible for the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying and placing, in a safe and efficient manner. Package Handlers (PHs) may be assigned to or rotate through various areas and positions such as Loader, Unloader, Scan Weigh and Key (SWAK), Quality Assurance (QA), Facer, Switcher, etc.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Three pay increases within the first six months of employment
- Tuition assistance
- Career advancement opportunity
- Weekly paycheck/direct deposit
- Utilizes “hand-to-surface” methods for all package handling
- Loads and unloads packages onto or from delivery vehicles, trailers, conveyor system carts and load gratings
- Lifts, carries, pushes and pulls packages on a continuous and repetitive basis for approximate shifts of two to four hours
- Determines the appropriate conveyor system by scanning packages, reading labels and charts, verifying numbers and memorizing information and sorts packages accordingly
Individuals will not be able to apply on-line and must complete a sort observation prior to applying for a position.
- No experience required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must not be enrolled in high school
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug test, where applicable
- Must complete a sort observation
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Ability to understand and follow instruction regarding work duties and safety methods
- Ability to discern numbers and information in order to sort packages correctly
- Ability to use basic tools and equipment such as skate wheel rollers, dock carts, hand-held scanners, chutes and unloading devices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- PHs operating switching equipment must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file
There will only be 1 sort observation held this week for the part-time package handler positions. The position is for 2-5 hours per day depending on package volume.
The Sort Observations will be held on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 5 a.m. only.
Do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to the sort observation. A valid picture ID and comfortable walking shoes for a warehouse environment are required prior to entering the building. Please ensure that you comply with the guard check-in and check out procedures when you arrive at the station. Thank you.
Fedex Ground - 5 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...