General Mills Engineers in our manufacturing plants, technical centers, and headquarters provide technical leadership across the Supply Chain. Engineers create competitive advantage through exceptional technical innovation, project management, and business partnership. Leveraging reliability and system improvements and manufacturing technology excellence, General Mills Engineers have rich and rewarding careers in Process, Packaging, Controls, Project, Reliability, and Facilities/Environmental Engineering, as well as Engineering and Maintenance Leadership. Our unique dual career ladder facilitates rewards and career progression equally for technical expertise leadership roles as for technical managerial roles.
Primary technical resource for packaging manufacturing system. Identify, lead, develop, and execute solutions for quality and performance improvements on these production systems.
* Demonstrate technical and business expertise on systems/products/technologies you are responsible for improving.
* Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma). Show thorough understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide robust operating systems.
* Develop/maintain material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
* Provide key technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing/start-ups.
* Conduct capacity studies, enhance system reliability, and identify/implement productivity improvements including new technologies. Develop/maintain strategic technical improvement plans for systems.
* Serve as a technical liaison for all levels of the company including production/maintenance employees, plant technical and management resources, corporate engineering and R&D organizations, and other plants.
* Develop/deliver technical training for various levels of the organization and serve as a divisional resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* B.S. (or higher) in Engineering from ABET-accredited program, or in Packaging Science or related field.
* 2+ years of experience in packaging engineering, packaging development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
* Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas: Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations; Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma); Food science/chemistry or packaging science; Statistics and analytical methods; Process measurement and control; Advanced computer skills; Mechanical aptitude; Troubleshooting; Ability to understand and apply general engineering principles
* Demonstrated skills in the following: Leadership; Influence management; Interpersonal skills; Problem solving; Teaching and training ability; Initiative
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...