SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere.
Many of SC Johnson’s products have been, and remain, top sellers in their market categories. This product leadership is coupled with an established a long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership, innovation and being a great place to work. As well as accolades such as being named the fourth most innovative company in the consumer products category on Fast Company magazine’s annual Most Innovative Companies list, the company was named to Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Work” list, and Working Mother magazine regularly recognizes it as one of the "100 Best Places to Work” list, and Working Mother magazine regularly recognizes it as one of the 100 best companies for working mothers.
• Identify and apply new and existing packaging technologies to innovative new products.
• Create packaging that consumers find appealing and easy to use; packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf".
• Research and evaluate materials and components for the development of cost effective, high-quality packaging. Willing to gain knowledge in technical areas as necessary.
• Design, coordinate, and complete performance and compatibility testing in support of packaging component changes.
• Execute domestic and global packaging development projects by creating and managing effective and efficient project timelines and related success criteria to realize on-time project completion dates.
•Provide technical leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the development of innovative new products.
• Provide technical assistance to correct package-related problems to maintain production schedules and product quality.
• Stay in the forefront of packaging innovations and trends so that new technologies can be leveraged in new products and new product packaging.
• Develop/update packaging specifications and bills of materials.
• Gain knowledge in technical and project management areas to grow breadth and depth of related skills.
• Strong technical expertise in multiple packaging disciplines; dispensing systems, materials, closures, manufacturing line requirements, plastic molding techniques and product/environment compatibility.
• Experience and technical competency in primary, secondary and tertiary packaging design and qualification (e.g. product/environment compatibility, distribution and environmental testing, manufacturing qualification).
• Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to progress multiple projects concurrently.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• Knowledge of consumer testing techniques and execution of appropriate studies to evaluate product performance during use.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering (Packaging, Mechanical, or Materials).
Considered a plus if candidate has experience and technical competency in:
• Aerosol technology; filling, labeling, testing and components.
• Design of Experiments and understanding of statistical processes.
• Thermoforming and Injection Molded parts.
• Dispensing devices.
• Glass manufacturing and/or high speed filling of glass containers.
• Project Management systems experience (e.g. SAP Product Lifecycle Management, Matrix One, MS Project).
* Level will be based on experience
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
S.C.Johnson & Son - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard