The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The Foreman will report to the Packaging manager. The Foreman will supervise a team of hourly supervisors and production workers in a fast-paced packaging environment. The Foreman will be responsible for all aspects of production to include insert and press division, and dock receiving department. The Foreman will work with the Packaging manager to meet daily operational production goals. This person will address discrepancies as necessary and employee conflicts with directing unresolved issues to the Packaging manager. This person will also be responsible for preparing daily production reports and conducting analyses, maintaining employee attendance records and processing time off requests in a timely manner for management approval. May also participate in development of the weekly production schedule. This person will be responsible for quality assurance and safety standards in the department
- Establish an effective working relationship with Manager and all levels of management in all departments to ensure the efficient flow of packaging and distribution department.
- Ensure the delivery of quality products to various Branch Offices. For example; preship, press printed, and inserted products.
- Evaluate and analyze concerns/issues of all production employees. Direct concerns/issues to appropriate personnel when required.
- Provide direct supervision and control of machine operators, including shift staffing and development training. - Provide weekly planning and scheduling of Machine Operators. - Analyze, evaluate, and expedite employees' relations when required.
- Coordinate, monitor and organize all loading of inserted and press printed products with PC personnel as well as Transportation personnel.
- Implement and adhere to company policies, procedures and production standards.
- Provide guidance and coordination of all aspects of production in the day to day operation.
- Assure that equipment is properly set-up and operating safely, make required adjustments, and coordinate with the machine, electrical shop, and department maintenance tech's to affect machine repairs.
- Development and implement goals and objectives for fast pace environment.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable collective bargaining agreement, and employee relations policies.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal safety guidelines.
- Assist in interviewing and conduct New Hire overview.
- In conjunction with management make personnel adjustments as required to maintain an acceptable rate of production.
- Periodically check warehouse for preprints inventory during shift.
- Monitor and coordinate the unloading of preprints received after normal receiving hours. (Saturday/Sunday)
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. College degree, Technical Education and/or newspaper experience a plus.
Two years or more experience in a leadership role in a unionized, production environment required.
Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes/Microsoft Outlook experience required.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of Cox Reps. Additionally, CMG owns and operates Valpak, one of North America’s leading direct marketing companies. With $1.7 billion in revenue, the company operations include 15 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 86 radio stations, eight daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. CMG operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including 30 million TV viewers, more than 4 million print and online newspaper readers, and 18 million radio listeners. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com .
Monster - 12 months ago