- BS or BA in a engineering, science or other degree if sufficient technical experience has been gained typically through 3-5 years relevant experience.
- 3-5 years prior pharmaceutical production experience in the pharmaceutical industry and a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role leading cross functional teams.
- Experience must include managing parenteral product inspection and packaging compliance and packaging operations, input to scheduling, planning, and regulatory compliance. The ability to delegate, train, evaluate, coach and discipline others.
- Prior experience and knowledge of cGMP vial and syringe inspection, labeling operations and cardboard tray cartoning operations.
- Prior experience working with a Warehouse Management System.
- Experience with GMP’s, NIH and FDA and other regulatory agency requirements, validation principles and quality systems with demonstrated success in application.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications.
- Must be able to address complex problems associated with assessing deviations, equipmenet complexities and implementation of change and improvement to valididated and/or FDA approved production systems.
- Ability to follow written procedures and document results in a neat and precise manner.
GSK, with our global quest to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, and live longer, currently has an opening for a Second Shift Packaging Supervisor in the packaging department at our vaccines packaging facility in Marietta, PA.
Reporting to the Packaging Manager, the role will supervise the packaging lines and the manual visual inspection activity in packaging operations on second shift to meet required quality, compliance, safety, financial and delivery targets. Additionally, the role is responsible for troubleshooting process problems and supervising the operation of a manufacturing unit. Finally, the role will ensure the area adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices, approved process steps, SOPs, quality procedures, safety and environmental standards while operating within the profit plan.
- Supervise the second shift activities of the associates (45 colleagues, 90% temporary employee workforce) performing manual visual inspection, packaging, material handling and cold chain operations. Provide evaluating, coaching, disciplining, mentoring, training and skill development opportunities to GSK staff. Promote team work and open communications.
- Implement and conceive operational strategies to optimize process, production and maintenance systems. Develop and implement productivity improvement plans using Industrial Excellence methodologies.
- Supervise inspection and packaging resources to meet production scheduling ensuring the availability of equipment and personnel resources to meet demand. Supervise processes and equipment to ensure quality operations. Participate in audits and investigations and recommend solutions to resolve problems.
- Oversee the writing of SOPs and batch records for the function. Maintain current SAP job aids and provide SAP training as needed. Ensure all GMPs, quality, safety and environmental regulations are met. Lead process for and troubleshoot process deviations and equipment failures.
- Decision-making will directly impact financial and product quality whenever there is a process deviation or equipment failure. This position will provide consistent compliant approach to assessing failures, recommending and implementing corrective measures, and will influence the disposition of materials.
- This position is integral to the identification and resolution of deviations in products and processes in the Packaging and Inspection Operations. Problem resolution must be prompt and effective directed toward lasting improvements to the operations. Partnering with QA to ensure compliance.
- Indirect impact on timing and budget for GSK Marietta projects and consequently on future strategic products and sales. Responsible for working with Technical Services to ensure all preventative maintenance and routine maintenance is completed on time without impacting the production schedule.
- Determine if personnel are adequately trained and if procedures, methods and specifications are adequate for efficient and compliant inspection packaging operations.
- Perform supervisor functions including staff development and training, recruitment and selection, PDP plans, discipline, performance feedback and induction related to policies and procedures. Coordinate resources required to complete routine work and assigned special projects in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report progress of safety objectives, performance against schedule and number of defects. Identify the cause of the problems and continue to educate staff on solutions, accident avoidance and error reductions.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GlaxoSmithKline is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V - and we are proudly committed to diversity in our workforce.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GlaxoSmithKline - 2 years ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and...