Ensure the operation of machinery and equipment through repair and preventative maintenance. Assist Engineers in sustaining and continuous improvement activities for commercial products and support the manufacturing process development for new products. Position is within the CMP Polishing Pads Business reporting through the Engineering Team and typically supporting 2 nd Shift Operations. Process Technician position has combined responsibilities in common with typical manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance Technicians.
1. Key Results/Responsibilities:
A. Factory Floor Equipment Support (40%)
B. Mechanical Equipment Maintenance (25%)
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by providing initial response to all equipment issues.
- Lead root cause investigations; locate source of problems by observing, listening and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling equipment, primarily with the use of hand and power tools, and repair accordingly to return equipment to service.
- Contact, develop scope of work, and manage external contractors.
- Provide technical troubleshooting guidance to the Operators and report occurrences to Engineers.
C. Continuous Improvement Activities (25%)
- Perform preventative maintenance on processing equipment and control downtime through coordination with the Planning team.
- Maintain spare parts and supplies inventories including anticipating needs, placing and expediting orders, and verifying receipt.
D. Training and Documentation (10%)
- Drive productivity in the manufacturing process by identifying opportunities to improve safety, quality, yield, efficiency, and/or cost and successfully implement the improvements.
- Reduce variation in product and process parameters by identifying key contributors to variation and implementing effective control systems and enhanced manufacturing processes.
- Assist the Engineers in development and execution of Design of Experiment trials, New Product Scale-ups, and Equipment Installations & Qualifications.
- Coordinate completion of tasks with Planning, Operations and Quality Teams.
- Drive the manufacture of test parts, as needed, and collect, analyze and interpret data results for review with Engineers.
- Design and build Proof of Concept parts/equipment for testing.
Assist the Engineers to document Response Flow Checklists, Work Instructions, and other documents as needed.
- Provide process and equipment training to Operators in both formal and informal settings.
Cabot Microelectronics - 16 months ago