The Daily Herald, a 29,000 circulation daily newspaper in Provo, Utah, is looking for a page designer/copy editor. The ideal candidate must have previous design and layout experience, as well as English-language editing skills. The Daily Herald is located about 45 miles south of Salt Lake City.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Designing compelling pages for A section, local section, Life & Style section, and sports section.
- Writing headlines, cutlines and display type to draw readers in
- Editing wire content and selecting stories and photos of interest to a broad general audience
- Coordinating with the editors for localizing stories, avoiding duplication, etc.
- Preparing a wire budget for the afternoon news meeting and pitching stories for A1
- Performing well under deadline pressure and managing page flow for efficiency
Applicant must be willing to work some weekend hours between 2:30-11:30 p.m.
The Daily Herald offers exciting career opportunities and competitive salary. Our industry-leading benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans.
To learn more about our company or to apply, please log onto www.heraldextra.com and click on "Jobs" and then "Opportunities at Herald Communications" for a listing of our open positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with salary history.
We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.
Utah-Provo-The Daily Herald - Provo, UT
The Daily Herald
May 7, 2013, 12:00:00 AM
Lee Enterprises - 7 months ago