This position is responsible for painting surfaces of vehicles using spray-painting equipment, power tools and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and painting techniques.
- Inspect panels to be painted for body repair, prepping and/or buffing defects
- Mix to specified color using standard formulas or color charts
- Sand, mask and paint surfaces, and blend and polish finish to match surrounding areas. Using a brush, apply or retouch paint as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., provide technical assistance to helpers, orient and train new employees, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- Provide and maintain safe working environment
- Maintain tools in good working condition
- Follow company procedures and policies at all times
- Communicate to supervisor/management relevant feedback regarding specific customer accounts, competitor information, etc.
- Exhibit, promote and foster a positive attitude through cooperation with other employees, a willingness to openly discuss issues with your supervisor and respectful attitude toward the company
1 - 2 years auto painting experience required.
Strong communication and interaction skills required.
Excellent organizational skills required.
Valid Driver's License and good driving record required.
Regularly required to stand, walk, & reach.
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Regularly required to stand and walk
Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Ability to lift up to 45 pounds (light hand tools, etc.)
Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
Frequent exposure to toxic chemicals.
Moderate noise level.
Respirators must be worn, and other protective equipment may be required.
Dent Wizard - 18 months ago