Virginia Paint Company is part of the Indecor Group, Inc - Benjamin Moore & Co.’s family of Company-Owned stores. We are full service paint and decorating retail destination featuring Benjamin Moore Products. In addition we offer a full solution of products and service to the professional painting contractor. The store chain has locations in Chicago, Virginia, Philadelphia, New York City and Hawaii. There are exciting opportunities for growth in different geographic locations throughout the United States.
Virginia Paint Company is currently recruiting for a Retail Store Manager/ Inventory Manager in the Norfolk, VA to effectively manage the warehouse and ensure optimal customer service for the new Commercial Service Center. This location is the hub of the organization’s distribution of paint and sundries, providing daily customer deliveries.
Retail Store Manager/ Inventory Manager : store manager, store management, retail jobs, jobs in paint, paint store, commercial, contractors, warehouse, warehouse management, paint jobs, distribution, paint, and sundries
- Oversight of all functions of the facility, with focus on quality service to customers including: receiving, order picking, tinting, and transport to customers, inventory accuracy, and inventory control.
- Actively manages inventory turns at facility and maintain the correct amount of inventory as called out in the retail metrics.
- Works with Procurement and the sales department to streamline the ordering process, reduce stock outs, and eliminate slow moving inventory
- Manages and develops facilities business plan and major expenditures. Review of monthly operational results.
- Maintains best practices and high levels of customer service between store operations, the warehouse, and customer service functions.
- Ensures all customer requirements and/or complaints are handled professionally and are brought to a conclusion in a timely fashion.
- Manages ongoing employee participation in all training programs and cross-training of employees.
- Communicates clear expectations and holds employees accountable to corporate performance standards and best practices
- Maximizes facility performance through consistent and effective coaching as well as feedback.
- College degree from a credited college or university.
- Previous experience with managing multiple store locations.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- 7 to 10 years of retail management experience and exposure in a warehouse/store environment is required.
- Experience in financial budgeting, inventory control knowledge, and management of personnel.
- Strong emphasis/experience in the store operations function and/or customer service industry.
- Knowledge and experience with process improvement
- Experience working in a product driven environment
- Excellent facilitation skills, including the ability to lead a cross functional team.
- Ability to multi-task and present results to management in a precise and timely manner.
- Ability to use and maximize the effectiveness of Information Technology resources including but not limited to: personal computers, presentation software, POS software, word processing software and the Internet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Color, technology, innovation, and leadership define Benjamin Moore & Co. For more than a century, succeeding in these areas has motivated...