The Litigation Paralegal provides support to Corporate Counsel in current and potential litigation. Researches law, investigates facts, gathers documentation and prepares documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient and experienced in legal research, drafting pleadings, orders, pretrial discovery responses or requests
- Coordination of internal efforts, as needed, including proficiency with e-discovery
- Communicate with internal clients and outside counsel and others on litigation-related issues in person, on the telephone and by email
- Assist in preparation of subpoenas, obtaining records from third parties, preparation of trial notebooks
- Participate in conference calls or hearings as needed.
- Assist with various litigation filings received by company to ensure claims and/or documents are prepared and filed
- Handle requests for documents and/or information and provide support to supervising attorney
- Assist in-house counsel in preparing and filing pleadings, responses, and other documents in legal proceedings.
- Monitor proceedings important to Company and provide updates
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Paralegal certificate required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years paralegal experience required.
- Strong word processing/spreadsheet computer skills required.
- EMS, healthcare or managed care experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership presentation and teamwork skills.
- Effective at delegation of responsibility and accountability.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Up to $25.78/hour DOE
American Medical Response - 17 months ago
- 2 days ago
- 26 days ago
Holland & Hart LLP
National Federation of Paralegal Associations
- 13 days ago
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...