The Paralegal will provide paralegal support to the National Legal Department, the Department's external and internal clients, and outside counsel.
- Reviews and drafts correspondence, reports, applications for regulatory approval, and other legal documents based on research of applicable laws and regulations in consultation with lawyers.
- Researches and analyzes applicable state and federal statutes and regulations, case law and regulatory agency rulings in conjunction with facts. Reviews applicable laws to determine compliance requirements.
- Researches legal problems and drafts legal memoranda outlining applicable authorities.
- May recommend possible solutions and strategies.
- Compiles, reviews, summarize data and facts regarding Program operations and other information as needed.
- Reviews and drafts contracts based on templates and/or attorney guidance.
- Coordinates activities among the offices of the Legal Department, Regional Counsel offices, local and national compliance offices, and other Kaiser Permanente staff.
- May perform due diligence in connection with transactions, including bond transactions, in consultation with lawyers.
- May provide support in the area of corporate maintenance, including formation of new subsidiary corporations, and preparation of annual reports, charitable trust filings, corporate certificates, organization charts, and other documents as required.
- Organizes a variety of documents and files, including litigation documents and business records.
- Performs such other duties as may be required, including litigation support.
• Minimum of 3 years of related legal experience to include successful completion of a paralegal or legal assistant training program required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Meets the required educational standards set by B&P Code.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable laws and regulations within practice area.
• Full use and understanding of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques pertinent to the paralegal field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management internal/external.
• Strong organization and planning abilities and demonstrated attention to detail.
• Ability to perform a variety of challenging tasks under time constraints and strict deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Significant and demonstrated ability to perform analysis and legal research to identify and clarify issues.
• Demonstrated results orientation.
• Skilled in understanding, clarifying, questioning and problem-solving issues relating to work assignments.
• Consistently delivers timely and high quality results.
• Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to handle complex, multiple tasks for several individuals with different work styles.
• Able to prepare, assemble and distribute substantial documents and reports on strict and short deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to accept individual responsibility.
• Demonstrated eagerness to learn new things and a positive attitude toward new challenges.
• Demonstrated self starter with a high degree of motivation.
• Demonstrated efficiency, productivity, attention to detail, and accuracy.
• Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access) and Lotus Notes.
• Ability to work overtime when needed.
• Works to continually improve service to customers.
Kaiser Permanente - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...