Provides legal and administrative support to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate Attorney and other members of the Legal Department. Under the direction of attorneys, this position is responsible for managing and maintaining litigation files and pleadings, subpoenas, garnishments, selected regulatory matters (EEOC, DOL and state agencies), matter management and records holds systems, and assist with the Legal Department e-file database.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate responses relating to various regulatory matters received by the Company or individual stores. Communicate with outside counsel, HR team, Payroll department and other departments as needed.
- Oversee matter management and records holds systems, assist with Legal Department e-file database and file room; Organize and maintain labor and employment and litigation files; Develop and maintain litigation and regulatory reports.
- Conduct research on various matters to identify and analyze issues, coordinate the gathering of information, materials, reports and other documents in connection with regulatory agency audits or investigations, litigation proceedings, subpoena requests and garnishments.
- Support day-to-day administrative matters including word processing, drafting correspondence/reports, file maintenance, answering phones and processing mail. Assist other members of Legal Department as needed.
· Minimum three to five years law firm or in-house corporate legal experience required.
· Knowledge and experience in general litigation, and labor and employment terminology, concepts, practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of methods and techniques of legal research and analysis.
· Knowledge of standard legal department practices, procedures and systems, including file and document management.
· Must be able to work in fast-paced environment, manage multiple tasks, prioritize and shift tasks, meet deadlines and work under time pressures.
· Must be a self-starter, well organized, detail-oriented and must be able to manage job responsibilities with minimum supervision.
· Must maintain the confidentiality of all legal and company matters.
· Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrate ability to exercise solid judgment.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with various internal and external professionals, including management, outside counsel and vendors.
· Strong written communication skills and reading comprehension skills, spelling and grammar.
· Must be flexible, a team player and work with others in the Legal Department to achieve goals and objectives.
· Associates degree or paralegal certificate
· Bachelor’s degree a plus
· Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point)
Michaels - 2 years ago
Michaels Stores is crafty. The nation's #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates about 1,075 Michaels Stores across the US and...