To provide quality care to patients under the direction of Medical Director in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Del Sol Medical Center. Reports to the charge nurse for shift assignments and direction of shift duties assigned. Each RN decides on a case-by-case basis what nursing tasks may be delegated to unlicensed personnel in accordance with Rule 224 (relating to RN delegation in acute care settings or for patients with acute conditions).
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Triage assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care for all body systems, conditions & diseases including but not limited to Coronary, Pulmonary, Neuro, Skeletal-muscular, GI/metabolic, GU/renal GYN, integumentary, etc.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of patient care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary catheterization, cardiac monitoring, and 12 lead EKG, Blood glucose monitoring, patient transfers-lifts, immobilization techniques, basic wound care and dressing change, assist with emergency procedure Nasogastric tube insertion, Medication administration, ACLS and equipment/supplies, pulse oximetry monitoring and oxygen delivery device application.
2. Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
3. Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with Core Measures in the Emergency Department (evidence based best demonstrated practice).
4. Knowledgeable with 100% compliance with Premium Credit (best demonstrated practice).
5. Documents patient assessment, patient care, interventions, and reassessment according to ED policy.
6. . Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
7. Provides excellent customer services following the philosophy of the hospital and ED with the guiding values in daily activities.
8. Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors, physicians and staff.
9. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient's right to privacy and protection of patient's confidentiality.
10. Plans, organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and the Registered Nurse.
11. Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
12. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
§ High school diploma or equivalent
§ Successful completion from an accredited Paramedic Program
§ Pursuing RN (ADN or BSN)
- Associated Degree (AAS) paramedic
§ Completion of an approved Orthopedic Technologist Training Program and passed the required exam.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
§ Current Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic / Licensed Paramedic
§ BCLS Certified
§ ACLS, PALS, within 1 year of hire.
§ PHTLS or BTLS within 1 year of hire
§ Certification and licenses must be renewed prior to expiration.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
§ Emergency experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
§ Reads and writes basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician orders.
§ Knowledge of body substance isolation.
§ Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
§ Bilingual - English/Spanish.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago