The Paramedic (Basic) responds to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides Advanced Life Support (ALS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility and complies with appropriate state Department of Health Standards.
- Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Company protocols.
- Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
- Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
- Operate and drive an ambulance with regard to state and company safety policies.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
- Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
- Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
- Take a leadership role. Mentor EMTs, students, and new employees.
- Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
- Ability to accurately map to a designation.
- Practice within your certification skillset.
- Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in both emergent and non-emergent settings as defined by state and local regulatory agencies. Ability to perform ALS functions, following protocols set forth by the State.
- Neatly and accurately document pertinent patient information on all required forms/documents. (Patient Care Records, Supplies, Medicare Signature Forms, and PCS forms)
- Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
- Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has no compliance related corrective action during this review period.
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates.
- Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Maintain knowledge of job and medical field.
- Keep current on training for new equipment, procedures, and techniques.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- Current state Paramedic certification as required by State.
- Current CPR Pro certification card
- Current ACLS card
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 10 months ago