From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The Paramedic (Basic) responds to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides Advanced Life Support (ALS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility and complies with appropriate state Department of Health Standards.
- Respond to calls in a timely manner based off Company protocols.
- Meet and exceed Contractual response times.
- Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
- Operate and drive an ambulance with regard to state and company safety policies.
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
- Comply with all protocols for treatment and transportation of the sick and injured as defined by the Company, local, and regional Medical Control.
- Maintain and replenish vehicle, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of the health care system, co-workers, and the public.
- Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
- Take a leadership role. Mentor EMTs, students, and new employees.
- Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed.
- Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies.
- Ability to accurately map to a designation.
- Practice within your certification skillset.
- Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in both emergent and non-emergent settings as defined by state and local regulatory agencies. Ability to perform ALS functions, following protocols set forth by the State.
- Neatly and accurately document pertinent patient information on all required forms/documents. (Patient Care Records, Supplies, Medicare Signature Forms, and PCS forms)
- Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
- Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has no compliance related corrective action during this review period.
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates.
- Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Maintain knowledge of job and medical field.
- Keep current on training for new equipment, procedures, and techniques.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- Current state Paramedic certification as required by State.
- Current CPR Pro certification card
- Current ACLS card
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Other qualifications/certifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 4 months ago