Descriptive Title: Paramedic Supervisor
Budget Title: TH CTS Emergency Medical Services Associate
State Professional Position
Department: Emergency Medical Service
State Line#: 12154
Campus: Stony Brook-University Hospital
Required Qualifications: NYS driver's license. Certification as a NYS certified paramedic. Five years employment as a paramedic. Three years employment as a Paramedic in the EMS department at SBUH.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor's degree. EMS supervisory experience. Flight paramedic experience. BLS, ACLS, PALS and Difficult Airway Course Instructor. NYS Instructor Coordinator certification. Experience with QA/CQI projects.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Supervision of EMS staff and Transport Center operations on the evening shift.
- Training of new and current EMS staff.
- Participates in ACLS classes as required.
- Ensure EMS equipment is operational.
- Monitors the condition of EMS vehicles and addresses issues as necessary.
- Completes QA/CQI projects as assigned.
- Participates in EMS research projects as assigned.
Special Notes: Shift: Full-time evening position . INTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY TO APPLY. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair. Please note Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Stony Brook University - 8 months ago