St. Cloud Technical and Community College seeks an adjunct/temporary part-time Paramedicine instructor dedicated to excellence in teaching who desires to become part of a creative, vibrant, student-centered learning community. The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to interdisciplinary and cross-cultural perspectives. Faculty members at St. Cloud Technical and Community College are professionally active scholars who participate in departmental and campus-wide activities to enhance their disciplines, promote interdisciplinary collaboration, and advance the college mission. The college is committed to reflecting a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds among its administrators, faculty and staff.
Examples of duties:
- Teach courses in paramedicine program
- P articipate in student assessment and departmental meetings
- Participate in the larger college community through a variety of activities (curriculum development, service on committees, etc.)
- Develop curriculum
- Be student centered, enthusiastic about teaching and learning, be a practitioner of active, contextual, and experiential learning strategies, have an understanding of and commitment to the assessment of student academic achievement, be willing to explore and use a variety of technologies to enhance teaching and student learning
Must meet minimum qualifications for faculty credentialing in Paramedic (for Paramedic and Advanced EMT) (please refer to the MNSCU Credentialing Website at: http://www.cfc.mnscu.edu/ )
Education Requirement : Associate's degree.
Occupational Experience Requirement : Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in pre-hospital, emergency, or critical care settings.
Recency Requirement: One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
Professional Requirement : Current Minnesota certification, registration, or licensure as a paramedic, physician, physician's assistant, or registered nurse and certified by American Heart Association as an instructor in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- ACLS, PALS, & ITLS Instructor Certified
- DOT Instructor or equivalent
- Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to the mission and constituencies of a community and/or technical college
St. Cloud Technical & Community College - 21 months ago