Zionsville West Middle School is seeking qualified candidates for a Paraprofessional for the upcoming 2013-14 school year. This position is full time with benefits package available.
Candidates must have HS Diploma or GED equivalent. Background or experience in Special Education is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate demonstrates all the skills of a competent Instructional Assistant in addition to having the following specialized skill set:
- Is capable of making decisions that are in the best interests of students when the Teacher of Record is not available.
- Takes the initiative to implement curriculum and activities that support student goals.
- Is willing to stay additional time to complete tasks.
- Contributes significantly to the implementation of efficient routines and procedures within the classroom and throughout the school environment.
- Has completed specialized training and demonstrates the ability to implement skills obtained through training.
- Has been recommended by a lead teacher of record and administrator(s) as an individual who has demonstrated excellent communication skills, positive interactions with students, parents, and staff and the
flexibility and willingness to support a variety of roles to meet unique student needs.
- Demonstrates the skills necessary to meet the needs of medically fragile students when needed.