Newgistics Smart Center located in Lombard, Illinois has an immediate
opening for an Operations Supervisor to lead its night sort operation and
distribution facility. The operations Supervisor will have responsibility to
effectively manage, oversee and control all operational and associate
activities within the warehouse including Receiving, Sorting, Processing,
Shipping, Inventory Control and Quality Controls as well as ensuring on time
delivery. The Supervisor will lead a team of 25 p/t hourly employees and will
be responsible for ensuring the proper implementation and enforcement of
policies, holding a high standard of safety and the continuous training of
leads and associates in the warehouse. This position reports to the Smart
Center Facility Manager.
- Responsible for the timely processing of all department activity including productivity, accuracy, and day end reports.
- Work closely with the Site Manager to control costs within the DC – labor, supplies, and inventory shrinkage.
- Responsible for accurate employee records including daily time clock monitoring, discipline notification and attendance reports.
- Able to work a flexible schedule which may mean extended hours as the work load demands.
- Manage the work flow to ensure the daily activities/demand related to the assigned department is met as expected.
- Manage, coach, train and counsel department employees.
- Conducts daily shift start-up meetings discussing the previous day’s performance, reviewing the expected workload for the day.
- Ensures a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees; addressing potential safety hazards; maintaining a clean work area; monitoring condition of all equipment and ordering repairs; and participating as a permanent member of the Safety Committee.
- High school diploma or GED (college degree preferred)
- Three to five years related experience in a shipping/transportation operation
- Working knowledge of small package and conveyor systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience with UPS, FedEx, DHL, or OnTrac
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of subordinates
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word and Excel applications)
- Familiarity with transportation and logistics companies, including LTL and truckload carriers, is a plus
- WMS and RF scanner production experience highly preferred
- Familiar with standards of operation as associated with employee pieces or lines per hour performance
- Must have familiarity with writing performance reviews and coaching employees to success
- Considered a strong and effective communicator (written and verbal) with a hands-on approach
Newgistics, Inc. - 15 months ago