General Function: The Parent Educator facilitates educational activities between parents and children and also offers case management to families in the Parents As Teachers (PAT) program. The Parent Educator will provide bi-monthly home visits for a caseload of families and help meet family goals. The Parent Educator will be responsible for facilitating a monthly group meeting.
- Conduct home visits to provide educational activities and case management on a regular and on-going basis following the specific guidelines for the PAT program.
- Conduct research on PAT online curriculum, provide educational activities and teach parents how to conduct activities.
- Provide & explain parent handouts and child development information.
- Provide case management to meet family needs; make appropriate referrals to external resources and follow up to assure outcomes are met.
- Provide services including but not limited to: Yearly Intake, Family Assessment, Visit Planning, Visit Records, Milestone Forms, Health Records, assure hearing & vision tests are completed for children, ASQs, Resource & Referral linkages, Pre & Post Evaluations, etc.
- Consistently maintains accurate records of service in web-based database; maintains participant files; submits necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Facilitate a monthly group meeting with parents.
- Attend meetings, trainings and other related activities as directed by supervisor.
- Mandated child abuse reporting as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required
- Uphold Richstones mission and philosophy of protecting children and preventing child abuse by building strong families.
Annual Performance Evaluation & Ongoing evaluation as needed
- High School Diploma and AA required; BA in related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with families
- Fully bilingual and bi-literate in English and Spanish.
- Excellent computer literacy skills; ability to use databases and online curriculums
- Ability to facilitate a group or parenting class
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations of adults, youth and children.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge of child development & community resource referrals
- Excellent research skills
- Must be able to pass Background Check
- Own automobile
- Valid California Drivers License and proof of Insurance
This is a part-time position, up to 24 hours per week; $12-14 per hour for a 10 month period during the 2013-2014 fiscal year. This position is not eligible for benefits. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Submit a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (310) 978-1600. No phone calls or emails other than submission of resume. Thank you.
Richstone Family Center - 10 months ago