Reports to: Director of Clinical and Community Services
This is a full-time (40 hr. week) position for the Self-Help Parenting Program.
The Counselor is responsible for all aspects of the Self-Help Parenting Program which includes coordinating referrals, conducting psycho-social assessments, administering a pre- and post-test parenting survey, maintaining statistical records and conducting 12 week ongoing groups for parents of children ages 0-17.
- Utilizes sound therapeutic methods for group counseling sessions for parents.
- Attends and participates in all staff and agency-related meetings as indicated by supervisor or Executive Director;
- Assures that appropriate documentation is maintained in client files and assists with maintaining pertinent records, such as statistical reports, for funders;
- Serves as a liaison to other agencies and organizations working on similar issues;
- Assists and supports Executive Director and other staff in fundraising and other agency events; and
- Other duties as necessary and assigned.
Minimum of Master’s Degree in social work or related field; full licensure (or working toward that) in their field in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Qualifications and Experience:
The staff member will need knowledge of child and adolescent development, experience with group counseling and advocacy. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work well in a team setting in a high-paced environment, high organization skills and flexibility.
Salary Range: $20K - $28K commensurate with experience
Available Benefit Package includes paid time off and personal days, health, vision and dental insurance, and elective participation in a retirement plan.