Medic will perform duties associated with providing emergency medical care to the sick and injured in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Company policies. This position involves interpretation and communication of complex regulations and medical data and terminology.
Background and Experience:
Requires a minimum of (1) year of BLS experience
Pediatric, clinical, emergency room or theme park medical experience is highly desirable
Basic knowledge of OSHA, hazard communications and safety training methods
Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products is required
Requires excellent verbal and written communication and reasoning skills
High School or General Education Diploma (GED) is required. Must be a graduate of a State accredited or recognized EMT/Paramedic program and possess a current Florida EMT or Paramedic license/certification in good standing. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) is required and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is preferred.
Training and Certification or Designations in Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) is highly desirable.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends to support park operations
Must have valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
Outgoing energetic personality with a love for children
1. Provide basic clinical, life support and emergency care services to park guests and MCs.
2. Provide examination and screening of patients consistent with Park and Medical Director Protocols.
3. Lifts and places patients on stretcher, restrains patient appropriately, lifts and moves patient to stretcher, lifts and moves loaded stretcher into ambulance.
4. Drives medical cart to and from emergency and non-emergency scenes in a manner appropriate to patient condition, at all times considering due regard for the safety of self and others.
5. Coordinates patient care, between inter-agency (i.e. Fire and police) personnel and other emergency employees.
6. Administers or assist with UA’s and Audiometric testing.
7. Maintain appropriate inventories of health services supplies.
8. Competes all reports, including patient care records, legibly, accurately, and on a timely basis and submit activity and injury reports as required.
9. Assist with facility inspections and safety audits.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, training and reviewing professional publications.
11. Performs all duties in a safe courteous, confidential and professional manner, always taking into account the well-being of the patient.
LEGOLAND - 13 months ago
LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre family theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. Just like with LEGO...