To provide instruction in Accounting instruction. Part-time instructors direct student discussion and evaluate student performance in the classroom.
1. Provide instruction in Accounting. This includes lecturing and guiding in classroom activities, providing individual conference time to guide and evaluate student progress. Teaching assignments may include courses taught during the day and/or evening, classes taught on or off campus.
2. Perform other essential duties and tasks specific to each location, as assigned.
Marginal Job Functions
1. Cooperate with other College personnel to assist students with career planning, job placement, and follow-up studies.
2. Act as a resource person for students.
3. Work with appropriate College personnel to write proposals for program funds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Thorough knowledge in the field of Business – Accounting.
2. Knowledge of teaching and instruction of various audiences and group dynamics.
3. Visual ability, corrected, to enable instructor to observe, direct, and supervise students in classroom situations.
4. Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, film, sound systems, video, television, interactive video and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
5. Ability to operate or oversee the operation of computers and other written materials.
6. Ability to orally communicate effectively with others, using the English language, with or without the use of an interpreter.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language, with or without the use of auxiliary aids or services.
8. Ability to review, understand and apply concepts presented in training programs, conferences, and/or professional literature.
9. Ability to work with faculty and other COCC staffs at all levels.
10. Willingness to travel and/or teach at various hours and locations, as required.
11. Ability to work effectively and sensitively with constituents from diverse cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
Ability to work in classroom and office environments using computers, white boards, projectors, and other basic office equipment.
1. Masters of Business Administration and/or CPA and/or Masters of Science in Business related fields
2. Willingness and ability to travel to teach at any college location in Central Oregon
1. College Level teaching experience
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Part-time instructor pools are posted for the academic year to obtain applications from those interested in teaching part-time as a non-benefited instructor, on a term-by-term basis. Positions may not necessarily be available at the time you apply. Your online application will remain active for consideration throughout the length of the posting unless you are notified otherwise.
Note that you will be required to upload/create the required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact HR at 541-383-7216.
Is a Criminal History Check required?
Is a Credit History Check Required?
Open Until Filled
Central Oregon Community College - 23 months ago