This is a part-time, temporary position with no benefits except Colorado State retirement, PERA.
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application package submitted by candidate. Completed application package includes: letter of interest detailing experience as related to the position, an eForm application, resume, a copy of transcripts and a one page statement of your teaching philosophy. All candidates, including current Front Range Community College employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above. Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. If hired, official college transcripts will be required. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. It is your responsibility to demonstrate on your application that you meet all of the minimum requirements listed above to be considered. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected. All application materials become the property of Front Range Community College and cannot be copied. FRCC will conduct a criminal background check on selected candidate. Employment offers and continued employment are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
Front Range Community College is dedicated to maintaining curriculum integrity and consistent instruction by providing high quality teaching experiences.
We are learner-centered and responsive to diverse student goals, including service to community. We will facilitate learning where, when, and how it best suits the needs of the diverse learning public we serve. Our curriculum will prepare vocational, academic, and business-oriented students to succeed in a highly competitive, global economy by focusing on quality, innovation, technology, self-initiative, and problem solving. Collaboration, teamwork, cheerfulness, diversity and a priority on student success and satisfaction will characterize our work and our management. We recognize that our faculty, together with our staff, is our greatest asset and that our commitment to their continuous professional development is essential. We are driven to excel and embrace the importance of listening to our constituencies. Business and civic leaders will experience our resolve to be recognized as a model for a "virtual campus" spanning not only North Jefferson, Adams, Boulder, and Larimer counties, but wherever technology will allow us to educate effectively.
All qualified candidates will remain in a talent pool for future consideration.
- Teach all assigned classes.
- Distribute a course syllabus to each student in every class. Inform students of all course requirements, course evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, make-up examination policy, and related course procedures.
- Meet the class at the assigned time in the assigned room.
- Conduct regular evaluation of student’s progress.
- Maintain accurate performance and attendance records and submit required reports on or before the deadlines.
- Assist students with study problems and with evaluating their potential for successful achievement in the course or discipline.
- Communicate with the department chair regularly.
- Maintain office hours.
- Maintain professional, ethical, and legal responsibilities, i.e., FERPA, copyrights, etc.
- AAS in Automotive Technology or equivalent industry training and experience.
- ASE certification in topic assigned or ASE automotive master technician certified.
- State of Colorado CTE credential.
- At least 3,000 hours of verifiable industry experience.
Front Range Community College - 4 months ago