The medical support staff at 21st Century Oncology is a specifically trained group of individuals who have demonstrated expertise in dealing with cancer and urology patients and their special problems. The Phlebotomist assists the doctor, as needed, to ensure the health and safety of our patients during all aspects of their care at 21st Century Oncology.
1. Weekly status checks
- Remain with physician at all times in the exam room unless asked to step out or sent to schedule a study.
- Assisting the doctor in all aspects of the patient's initial consultation, and
2. Routine follow-up examinations
3. Any emergency visits that are needed.
1. Patient add-ons
- Scheduling and follow-up on all diagnostic studies that are ordered including proper documentation and obtaining physicians signature on test result.
- Responsible for acquiring results and notifying said results on all interim reports to the Physician and then to chart.
- Charting information of patient progress on weekly status check sheets and scuts. Copy of notes (scut) to Front Desk Receptionist in the applicable office.
- Drawing of blood for various lab tests that are sent out in applicable office. Following up on results of lab including obtaining physician's signature on test results.
- Attend annual OSHA/Biomedical update meetings and application in the clinical setting of the updates. Practice of safety precautions and wearing of personal protective equipment when needed.
- Documentation of medications that the patients are currently taking, and document any new medications prescribed by our physicians while under our care. This includes the name of the medication, dose and amount prescribed, physician prescribing, instructions, date and nurse's initials.
- Documentation of any samples given to patient
- Responsible for charting patient's vital signs, initial weight, and all follow-up weights.
- Responsible for obtaining all signed permission slips for patients who are radioactive prostate seed implants only.
- Verifying that the allergy sticker is complete
- Often need to assist or perform cathing of patients for various simulations.
- Once aware, responsible for reporting or verifying all patient problems as reported to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain HIPAA rules and regulations as it applies to patient privacy.
- Maintain open communication with front desk, Physician and office staff as it applies to:
2. Patients on treatment breaks
3. Changes in treatment plan
- Maintain licenses, if applicable
Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Assistant
Strong experience in phlebotomy required
Experience working in a laboratory preferred
Strong communication skills-both written and verbal.
Professional and reliable
Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Demonstrates care and compassion in dealing with patients
Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
Good computer skills
Job Description Clause
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Click Here to Complete Your Application
21st Century Oncology - 10 months ago
Radiation Therapy Services (RTSI) operates almost 120 radiation treatment centers in several countries, including seven that involve hospita...