REPORTS TO: Head Teller
Responsible for providing quality service to the membership while conducting front-line teller transactions. Functions as part of a branch team in order to provide exceptional service to members by assisting other tellers, head teller, and manager and other departments. Responsible for informing members of other services offered by the credit union for which they qualify.
VP Branch Operations
AVPs Branch Operations
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Greets members and verifies the ability of the member or presenter to entitlement of funds or information on an account. (Conducts an account evaluation)
2. Verifies the accuracy of identification presented before handling the transaction.
3. Accepts deposits and loan payments, disperses funds, verifies cash and handles negotiable instruments in accordance with all established credit union procedures and guidelines. Transactions must be processed in an expedient, but accurate manner.
4. Reviews the member's account for additional services they may need and qualify for. Offers information about appropriate other services as part of the transaction. Must be familiar with all products and services in order to make quality referrals.
5. Provides traveler's checks and cashier's checks.
6. Sells consignment items and handles all documentation necessary.
7. May handle safety deposit box rental income.
8. Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Suspect forms for head teller's review.
9. Handles open-end loan requests within established guidelines.
10. Processes night drop and ATM deposits.
11. Balances cash drawer and promptly notifies head teller of any discrepancies.
12. Follows all security procedures and notifies head teller, branch manager or Internal Auditor of any irregularities, or improprieties on the part of members or co-workers.
13. Participates in all training activities assigned; reviews memos, e-mails, and other communications to understand duties, responsibilities and expectations of the job. Is responsible for seeking clarification of any procedure, policy or guideline if unsure.
14. May assist trainees with on-the-job training and serves as a positive role model for employees.
15. Contributes to sales and production goals assigned to the branch.
16. Will assist in the completion of daily branch duties, which may include auditing work, reviewing transactions, organizing documents, filming checks and balancing totals.
17. Performs all other duties assigned.
Must exhibit good public contact skills by demonstrating a friendly, and professional demeanor.
Must successfully complete credit union teller training classes with satisfactory evaluations.
Must demonstrate the ability to learn all aspects of teller duties and follow all established policies and procedures.
Must demonstrate good judgment in order to evaluate identities, accounts, checks, and cash.
Must be familiar with all services of the credit union in order to make appropriate referrals.
Must have the ability to use online computer system, organize transactions and accurately handle large sums of money.
Individuals should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Oral communication: speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, and participates in meetings.
2. Judgment and problem-solving: gathers and analyzes information skillfully, displays willingness to make decisions, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
3. Quality management: looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
4. Planning/organizing: prioritizes and plans work activities, and uses time efficiently.
5. Safety and security: observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
ATTRIBUTES HELPFUL TO SUCCESS
MEASUREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
Displays a friendly demeanor and is a cooperative team member
Maintains a high transaction count and stays within balancing guidelines.
Regularly achieves star teller criteria.
Successfully offers additional products and services to members.
Maintains quality loop scores of 6.7 and higher
Must be availalable to work the following schedule: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Fridays.
Americas First Federal Credit Union - 17 months ago