Job Title: |
Part Time Transportation/Meet & Greet Assistant Supervisor
Area of Interest:
Customer Service/Call Center
Work location: varies between the Port of Miami & Miami International Airport (may be scheduled out of Port Everglades and/or Fort Lauderdale Airport, as needed)
Work schedule: weekends and holidays included, hours vary between 6:00am-4pm
- Plans, allocates and manages staff resources that outline and support procedures and set standards for respective area.
- Retrieves messages from the department voicemail box and advises the Workforce Planning team of any personnel out for the day.
- Oversees the training and development of direct reports and provides feedback during probation period by submitting required department evaluation form.
- Maintains, reinforces and ensures the accuracy and consistency of all staff assignments, schedules, and policies & procedures for respective team.
- Monitors the quality of service being provided by staff to ensure optimal quality service and w orks to identify and address any deficiencies.
- Follows through in a timely manner with employee disciplinary action and corrective counseling, and reports any deficiencies or issues to direct supervisor.
- Reviews and authorizes time off for direct reports, ensures required Kronos forms are submitted and edits are done in a timely manner .
- Oversees all logistical, staffing and operational needs for MIA/FLL ports related to transportation and meet & greet.
- Maintains and builds strong relationships with all service providers, outside entities and management team by implementing communication strategies that promote open, honest and effective dialogue.
- Ensures compliance of new operational policies & procedures by service providers.
- Ensures compliance of company’s File Retention policy.
- Maintains requirements as outlined by Quality Assurance team in order to meet standards and maximize operational strategies that support and enhance guest satisfaction.
- Ensures that airport facilities and check-in area are operating to specifications.
- Reviews internal ratings program and assists supervisor to address any changes in standards and performance, and works to improve process, ratings and service levels.
- Coordinates and secures appropriate equipment (i.e. motorcoaches, sedans, special lifts) for day-to-day operation to/from airport/hotel/pier, as well as for special requests.
- Handles inventory changes or updates on the day of sailing (i.e. cancellations, additions, cabin changes, etc.). All guest/stateroom situations or problems are referred and handled by the supervisory team.
- Monitors flight arrivals on a continuous basis against ship’s departure and is responsible for keeping accountability of all guests with known flight information and highlights last flights. Informs GL Manager of any late flights so that they can determine the anticipated sailing time.
- Submits to supervisor daily Zone report in order to facilitate Incident Report at the end of each workday.
- Assists management on all efforts involving the coordination of agent functions, chartered sailings, inaugural festivities and travel agent site inspections requiring transportation and meet & greet assistance.
- Maintains an inventory list for office supplies, forms (i.e. denied boarding, pregnancy certification, airline contact numbers, hotel list).
- Helps supervisor manage all efforts of a delayed sailing or critical incident as a member of the CareTeam.
- Attends periodical dept. meetings and annual supervisors meeting to discuss new business, pending issues, goals, procedures, etc.
- Reviews all correspondence and follows up in a timely manner.
- Communicates with supervisor weekly and provides feedback on any item that needs reviewing or addressing.
Job Prerequisites and Requirements:
- Associates degree or equivalent required in a related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years successful supervisory/management experience in a customer service/logistics and quality assurance environment, preferably in the travel industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); successfully pass pre-interview testing.
- Must be detail-oriented; possess excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines; and be able to analyze and resolve issues independently.
- Required to work and travel in Dade and Broward County.
- Required to be available on weekends, after hours, and on short notice, as requested by management.
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...