Youth Organizations Umbrella (Y.O.U.) is seeking a Part-Time Youth Development Specialist for a new 21st Century Community Learning Center at Lincoln Junior High School in Skokie. The Program will provide low-income youth with a wide array of services to support their academic, social, and emotional development. The Part-Time Youth Development Specialist will be responsible for building strong relationships with youth and helping to coordinate Center activities, ensuring that it efficiently and effectively meets the needs of these youth.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Facilitate Center activities that focus on building relationships, life skill development, academic assistance, parental involvement, recreation, and/or cultural enrichment.
• Supervise activities in the Center in a safe, sensitive, developmentally appropriate, positive manner.
• Nurture supportive relationships with parents, school administrators, teachers, students, and community representatives.
• Offer effective counseling, advocacy, support, referral, and service brokerage to young people and their families.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers within Y.O.U., and with others in the community who offer information about, resources for, or services to young people in Skokie.
• Maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date records.
The hourly salary range for this position is $12-13
Mandatory Job Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred.
• Significant experience in and passion for youth services.
• Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool.
• Previous employment or student internships working with youth.
• A youth development orientation, as well as strong teamwork, leadership and volunteer management skills.
• An entrepreneurial mindset and an understanding of educational standards, minority student achievement, and non-profit/social service systems.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Y.O.U.'s mission.
• Other: Must have access to a car, valid driver's license, and auto insurance, which meets or exceeds Y.O.U. agency standards for liability coverage.
NPO.net - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard