The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Assist the Tax Manager and Tax Administrator to coordinate accurate and timely tax information to customers. Primary Responsibility is to assist Trust Tax team members in the filing of all federal and state income tax returns through the vendor, process tax balances due and tax refunds and coordinate federal and state estimated tax payments in a timely manner via the trust accounting system. Trust Tax Assistant accurately records dates tax returns are filed and tax information is sent to customers on tax registers in system.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Customer Satisfaction.
• Monitoring to ensure Accurate and Timely Tax Reporting.
• Processing payments
1. Assembles and mails tax returns, including required attachments, to federal and state taxing authorities Mails IRS Form 1099s, schedule K-1s and misc. tax information to customers. Provides written filing instructions, copy of return and self-addressed mailing envelopes for each return that is sent to the customer or trustee for signature and filing.
2. Assists the Trust Tax team to monitor due dates for all returns by updating information in the TrustEase database and Trust Tax department checklists. Enters date tax return is mailed to federal and state tax authorities and updates account status and milestones in TrustEase database for each customer account Updates TrustEase database with date tax letter, schedule K-1 or IRS Form 1099 is mailed to client or trust beneficiary.
3. Updates list of correct mailing addresses for filing of various federal and state tax forms. Verifies correct mailing address for tax returns with tax due or tax refund.
4. Assists Trust Tax Administrator with payment of federal and state tax due, federal and state fiduciary estimated tax payments, and personal tax estimates. Reviews and checks TrustEase tax payment register, Trust Desk reports and Trust Tax department checklists to verify tax payments.
5. Deposits refund checks in customer accounts and records the receipt of tax refunds in TrustEase tax refund register. Tracks and monitors status of pending refunds using TrustEase registers.
6. Assigns new tax identification numbers (TINs) for customer accounts, upon receipt of written request for tax identification number from Client Services. Faxes requests to IRS for additional TINs. Maintains accurate and complete records of TINs assigned to customer accounts using excel spreadsheet. Verifies accuracy of customers’ social security numbers and TINs using IRS TIN matching website.
7. Assembles and mails quarterly tax worksheets and summary of capital gains and losses to customers and customer’s tax advisors.
8. Scans and sends 1099s, K-1s and supplemental tax information to OneSource Trust Tax to be used for preparation of customer’s tax returns. Submits monthly asset balance statements for accounts filing IRS Form 990 to OneSource Trust Tax. Submits year end asset values for accounts filing IRS Form 5227 to OneSource Trust Tax.
9. Reviews accuracy of income postings by Trust Operations for Associated Common Trust Funds. Submits Associated Common Trust Fund factors to OneSource Trust tax weekly.
10. Courteously and professionally responds to requests from colleagues for information on status of tax returns or other general tax information. Uses judgment and experience to provide information requested or to refer request to another colleague in the trust tax department for resolution. Receives, handles and transfers phone calls and messages within the department promptly and efficiently.
11. Assists Trust Tax Manager and Trust Tax Administrator in responding to requests for tax information from OneSource Trust Tax. Monitors status of pending requests for tax information from colleagues and Relationship Managers. Requests copies from Relationship Managers of all returns prepared by outside tax advisors that are signed by Associated Trust Company.
12. Prepares Prompt Assessment for federal fiduciary income taxes for closed accounts. Mails requests for Wisconsin Closing Certificates (WI Form CC). Monitors status of requests. Records receipt of Prompt Assessment and WI Closing Certificates in excel spreadsheet. Sends copies of documents to Client Services and Relationship Managers.
13. Files all tax related paperwork in tax files. Contacts Relationship Managers to obtain missing documentation for trust tax files, such as IRS Form W-9 for account beneficiaries. Organizes trust tax file room materials. Sends Closed Trust Tax Accounts to offsite storage in accordance with record retention policies.
14. Provides backup to Trust Tax Manager with various projects and tasks. Assists Tax Manager with preparation of trust tax training materials using Microsoft Power Point.
High School or Equivalent
Associate Degree in Business or Accounting
0 – 6 months of office and computer experience.
1 -2 years of office, tax and accounting experience.
Special Skill Requirements – Computer Skills/Licensing/Certifications/Bonding
Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Internet Explorer
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment (e.g., photocopier, voice mail, "fax" machine, calculator, multiple line telephones, typewriter, computers etc.).
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
GREEN BAY - REGENCY
333 MAIN STREET
Associated Bank - 6 months ago
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...