Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food/ beer/ spirits quality, cleanliness and sanitation. We are looking for one part-time and one full-time manager.
Owner/General Manager/Assistant General Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all food products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Ensure that all beer, spirits and wine are prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, mixing and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions consistent with Assistant General Manager guidelines for approval or review.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Attend weekly manager meetings and actively participate.
- Provide advice and suggestions to Assistant General Manager/ General Manager as needed.
**Please note that, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each applicant. We will contact you if your qualifications are applicable to the position for which you are applying. No phone calls, please.
- Be 21 years of age.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of the restaurant’s trading area.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management positions.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain Cicerone certification and Serve Safe/ TIPS Certified Trainer accreditation.
- Part-time position is 20 to 25 hours per week.
- Full-time position is 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to work weekends.
New Holland Brewing - 7 months ago
Established in 1996, NHBC has grown from a scrappy two-man start-up to a thriving regional microbrewery, recognized for its creativity and...