Posting Number 20110180
Job Title Part-Time Admissions Advisor
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a part-time Admissions Advisor who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
The Part-Time Admissions Advisor will be working in our Student Service Center and is responsible for coordination and processing of domestic, international, and veteran admissions transactions. The Part-Time Admissions Advisor is also responsible for the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Correspond with prospective international undergraduate students and their families in person, by telephone, web, social media, and email.
• Educate students and others on the benefits, responsibilities, and risks of studying in the U.S.
• Execute a communication strategy to ensure that students are progressing through the admissions funnel in a timely manner.
• Develop relationships with high school guidance counselors, study abroad agents or advisors, and international alumni.
• Communicate pre-departure information to admitted international students to facilitate their arrivals on campus.
• Insure accuracy on all paper admissions documents from international applicants, such as: applications, transcripts, financial affidavits of support, and TOEFL or other test scores.
• Serve as Designated School Official (DSO) and advise students on F-1 rules and regulations. Issue I-20s to students meeting admissions criteria.
• Create and update admissions and acceptance packets for international prospects.
• Correspond with prospective veterans and active service applicants.
• Identify and support prospective veterans and active service applicants to enroll in the college and obtain educational benefits they are due.
• Bachelor’s degree required, and a minimum of one year of admissions experience or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Must be able and willing to work evenings Monday through Thursday as well as Saturdays from 9:00am until 1:00pm.
• Banner Student Information System, various software systems, and other technology devices.
• Regulations of confidentiality as outlined by FERPA.
• Working with students from a diverse group of backgrounds.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with coworkers.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- 23 months ago - save job