Swissport Fueling based at the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has exciting part-time opportunities available for ambitious individuals on our Fueling Team. Starting salary: $9.00 per hour.
Role & Function
To provide all necessary and required fueling services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to aircraft fueling/de-fueling, vehicle fueling and operation of motorized/non-motorized fueling equipment.
- Receive, store, transfer, and dispense petroleum fuel products.
- Operate motorized fueling vehicles (fuel tank trucks, standard and automatic transmissions).
- Operate non-motorized fueling vehicles (hydrant carts).
- Fuel and defuel aircraft per flight crew/flight plan requirements.
- Inspect fueling equipment and vehicles - report malfunctions or inconsistencies.
- Perform accurate fueling calculations.
- Fuel ground support equipment (gasoline or diesel) as required.
- Interact with carrier personnel.
- Utilize hand-held radios, telephones and computers for communication.
- Complete and submit all documentation associated with fueling activities.
- Respond to fuel emergencies (i.e. fuel spills) utilizing emergency response cart and following established environmental/company guidelines.
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lifting and pulling a 40 pound fuel nozzle and attached hose, sometimes up to 50 feet, resulting in an approximately 90 pound load, 12 to 16 times a shift.
- Kneeling to lower and lift the coupling hose, approximately 50 pounds, below the ramp surface about 6 to 10 inches, 12 to 16 times a shift.
- Connecting to an overhead coupling with nozzle and attached hose, approximately 30 pounds, to the aircraft wing, with a shoulder twist to lock into place, 12 to 16 times per shift.
- Climb a ladder to pull a coupling and its attached hose, approximately 50 pounds, to connect the assembly to the wing and, after 10 to 15 minutes, remove the equipment.
- Posses and maintain a valid driver's license.
Training is paid!
- Must be18+ years of age.
- Posses a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to work in time-sensitive, multiple shift, and team-oriented environment.
- Must be dependable and able to take direction from supervisors to service the customer safely and on-time, in all weather conditions.
- General math aptitude.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test.
- Successful completion of FBI, Customs and Airport background checks (10 years).
Swissport, Inc. is the #1 leading Ground Services provider in the world. Employing over 34,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 650 client companies at 185 airport locations in 37 countries on five continents, Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Fueling, Aircraft Maintenance, and Aviation Security. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Consider being a part of an organization that has earned recognition as the Global Aviation Ground Services company for the last eleven consecutive years in a row and Cargo Handling Agent of the Year for the last three consecutive years! Our mission is simple – “To strengthen our number one position.”
Swissport International Ltd. - 17 months ago