This position is directly responsible for assisting in the municipal budget process and claim preparation. Responsibilities include tracking expenses, purchasing, accounts receivable, and disbursing payments for reimbursements. This may also include simple ongoing budget analyses. In additional to general budget processes, this position assists in general administrative work such as providing support/covering for the main receptionist and may be required to provide support in some areas not related to the budget such as the Town Court.
Examples of Duties:
- Preparing accounts payable claims for various departments such as Public Works, Parks & Recreation, Administration, etc.
- Indexing of claims, reconciliation of transactions sheets, and tracking of other budget related items.
- Serves as general assistant to the Budget Manager performing a variety of tasks such as phone calls, sending/retrieving memos and other documents, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Assist in office team environment and as back-up to other processes such as Intranet Postings/data distribution, Council Packet Preparation, travel/purchase cards tracking and issuing, etc.
- Perform clerical and other duties such as covering for the main receptionist, assisting with travel/purchase cards issuing, making copies, etc.
High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree in finance, budgeting, or related field; Ability to work with limited supervision; Ability to manage and oversee organizational processes such as preparing budget claims and reviewing budget expenses/revenues; Working knowledge of Town/City government preferred; Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people both verbally and in writing; Advanced computer skills, excellent written and oral communication, and good decision-making skills.
This position is expected to work approximately 25 hours per week within the 8:30AM-4:30PM, Monday-Friday timeframe.