This position is directly responsible for various internal and external business processes for the Town with a focus in areas such as vendor billings, reports and information posting and archiving, Town Council agenda packets, travel cards, and other general Town business processes. This includes: responsibilities such as coordinating project workflows between departments and/or vendors; writing and/or reviewing project/business reports and policies; analyzing procedures and results; and managing or serving as a back-up to those that manage various town/community projects from start to completion. This position also assists substantially in general administrative work, provides direct administrative assistance to the Deputy Town Manager, and provides the primary back-up support to the Town Hall receptionist desk.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintaining and updating Administration Department related data on the Town’s Intranet and website.
- Serving on various internal committees as a representative of the Administration Department, specifically the Administration Operations (Admin. Ops.) portion of the department.
- Assist in municipal budget related areas, such as preparation of claims, indexing of claims, reconciliation of transactions sheets, and tracking of other budget related items.
- Serves as general office assistant to the Deputy Town Manger and other Admin. Ops. staff performing a variety of tasks such as phone calls, sending/retrieving memos and other documents, scheduling meetings/appointments, covering for the Town Hall receptionist, etc.
- Assist in office team environment and as back-up to other business processes such as, Council Packet preparation/distribution, travel/purchase cards tracking and issuing, special events processing, etc.
- Manage various programs such as the administrative policies, National Citizen Survey, National Incident Managements Systems (NIMS) training tracking, Conflict of Interest Statements, Public Records Requests.
High school diploma or GED; Associates Degree in finance, budgeting, public administration, business administration, or related field preferred; Ability to work with limited supervision; Ability to manage and oversee complex organizational processes such as preparing and managing the Council packet process, vendor billings, budget claims and reviewing budget expenses/revenues; Working knowledge of Town/City government preferred; Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people both verbally and in writing; Ability to keep confidentiality; Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, excellent written and oral communication, and good decision-making skills.
This position is expected to work approximately 25 (not to exceed 29) hours per week during normal Town business hours (M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm). The actual schedule is flexible.
Town of Fishers, IN - 15 months ago